My Photo
Name:
Location: Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Catching up 1

Well, I've kinda been a little bit busy, not to mention lazy, so, as I'm tired and ill - again - I'm going to try and catch up with myself. Um...


Worship
Well, thanks to anyone who reads my blog and prayed for me, not to mention those that I cornered and demanded spiritual support from. Amidst Satan's attacks, printers jamming, other things overrunning, and a general feeling that everything was going horribly wrong, it actually went really well. Thats the power of prayer. By two minutes before the service was due to start, we had topped/tailed 1.5 songs, and so I decided that the last two minutes would be best spent pouring our hearts out to God. We did and He came through in some style, I had so much positive feedback afterwards, and apparently it was coming in to the church office over the course of the next week too. I guess this is me making it plain, if I haven't already to people, that I had nothing to do with how well that went, it was all God, and it is Him - it is always Him - that deserves the glory...
That evening however, I was due to play bass at my church, there was going to be jazz as well as worship, and I was really looking forward to it. However when I arrived the jazz duo decided that they didn't want a bassist, so I was moping slightly. Then I felt a slight nudge from God, saying something along the lines of "You were no more important at the front of the church leading worship this morning than you are now. Go and see what you can do to help, and for goodness sake smile while you're doing it". Man, was I told. I ended up fetching the band water, fixing the occasional PA glitch - words out that I'm a tonnie now - and serving tea and coffee while exchanging friendly banter with middle-aged ladies... and I loved it. I'm a bit stuck trying to think of how to phrase the lesson that I learnt, but I'm sure you all get it. It all comes down to humility, and I don't want this paragraph to be boasting about how I learnt a valuable lesson, because if it was, it would become clear that I had learnt nothing. I keep trying harder every day to put God 1st in everything I do, and I'm learning, but I still have a long way to go.


Everything Else
I also just wanted to share quite how much God has been reminding me how much He loves me. Over the last week or two in particular I have been so blessed. Jerimiah 33:3 says:

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you the great and unsearchable things you do not know."

This is so true, and I have been living proof of this, whether it be through a well-timed text message by a friend confirming a bible passage that God had shown me, or just a well-placed chapter in a fantastic book - 'Pure' by Linda Marshall. If you haven't read this book, I would thoroughly recommend it.

Also, I just want to say how much God has been blessing me on campus, with such an amazing network of Christian friends. It is so great to have so many people to rejoice with.



"How Great Is Our God" - exquisite song, dumb question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home